Change in the biotech and high-tech workplace is ever-present and constant. The pace of innovation today is so much faster than what we experienced in the past. This creates challenges in how we lead, one of the most important aspects of our ability to be successful.
Most of us deal with change one of the following ways:
- We ignore it (which doesn’t work)
- We try to control it (which can’t really be done)
- We try to predict it (to a degree – but then reality changes)
- We respond to it
Responding to change is like facing a wave as you stand in the ocean: you can stand your ground and get knocked off your feet, or you can dive into it and come out the other side calm and steady. In order to respond effectively to any challenge you face, you need to develop multiple capacities: clarity, vision, understanding, and agility.
This series of two one-day workshops is specifically designed for leaders in organizations experiencing volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA) on a daily basis. The program will help you to cultivate the foundational self-leadership skills for maintaining your effectiveness in high-pressure, high-stakes environments.
Thu Nov 15: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Thu Dec 13: 8:30 am – 5 pm
Attendance is required for both dates above.
How will my effectiveness improve from attending this program?
You will develop and learn how to:
- Create clarity to prioritize the sheer quantity of work that you face
- Develop resilience to shifts in organizational expectations, objectives, and needs
- Explore and resolve multiple perspectives
- Stay focused and productive in the face of distraction and change
- Grasp and problem-solve complex, cross-functional challenges
- Manage your reactions effectively under pressure to achieve more
- Optimize your brain’s response to VUCA by applying recent findings from research in neuroscience
Who should attend?
Director-level and senior director-level leaders at biotech and high-tech firms experiencing the challenges of constant change, complexity, and ambiguity. Under these conditions, we lead with impulsiveness, delay strategic activities, and live in a constant state of uncertainty. Ultimately, these conditions undermine our leadership effectiveness.
- Feeling overwhelmed with too much to do and just never enough time? Does everything seem to be a priority?
- Seeing priorities shift daily or weekly and finding it impossible to keep up? Do you face a new fire drill every week?
- Finding it hard to stay personally motivated and keep your team motivated amid the ambiguity?
- Eroding important relationships in the effort to achieve important outcomes?
- In meetings that seem endless and unproductive?
- Feeling burned out, exhausted, or frustrated – despite loving your job?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this program is for you.
What’s the program structure?
A series of two one-day workshops with a one-month practice period in-between.
During the one-month practice period, you will be applying course frameworks and tools to real workplace scenarios. We will support your learning and engagement through a mobile app containing content, learning activities, and encouragement from instructors.
What will be covered?
For more information, download the brochure below.
Save 10% if you register by October 1st!